Keeping the motivation: Sneak peak of book 2 cover

Keeping the motivation

“It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood.” That’s what Mr. Rogers always used to say and that is the way I feel this time of year. It is finally spring here in MA. We had a long winter and now the flowers are blooming there is finally sun and warm weather with nice, gentle breezes. It can be a positive or a negative for writers. Sometimes spending time outside can fill you with a sense of peace and calm as well as ideas for stories or characters, but sometimes it is hard to make time to write when all you want to do is be outside. The thing is, the two are not mutually exclusive. Why not spend time outside in nature and write?



Lately I am finding myself doing this more and more. I would rather bring my laptop or notebook outside and write instead of sitting inside to write. I am big on meditation. I find it super relaxing and after I meditate I always feel like creative ideas come to my mind even quicker and easier. So I incorporated the three things that I like most, writing, nature and meditation into a tool for you to use. I have included the link below, feel free to try it, it’s free! J Who doesn’t like free stuff?


I have also been very motivated by the fact that I want to offer more writing workshops of different topics to aspiring writers. I recently offered a free 5 day class about creating believable characters. Soon I will be offering a workshop discussing how to create a catchy plot or story-line for your realistic characters to live through. They tie in nicely together. I will be referring to some of my own experiences as well as providing information about other writers that will be very useful. If you are interested please join my free Facebook Group Wise Warrior Writers. I will be announcing the workshop’s available date there first; the Wise Warrior link is below.

Another big motivating factor for me is a deadline that I created for myself. I wanted to release my second Elven Quest book, Elemental’s Favor, before school ends in June. I’m excited that I will reach that deadline because I have made sure that every day or at least every other day I am doing some editing or planning for that book’s release. I know some writers who are very strict about writing a certain amount of words everyday. I haven’t focused so much on that. Instead I am trying to ensure that the words that I have written are correct and fun to read. J

In the meantime my cover artist has also been working very hard creating the cover. This has been a fun process because she has been so flexible and fun to work with. We created a concept for the cover together and she has executed it perfectly. I loved the fact that my cover artist suggested using a live person as a model for the cover instead of using a photo shopped image. A photo shopped image can be okay to do but in my opinion using a real person makes it look really clean, catchy and realistic. What do you all think? Check it out below, (at the bottom of the page) it is the first release of the cover!! (Sorry for the graininess, I had to copy it from my phone) :(

That’s all for now friends, enjoy the meditation, the workshop if you sign up and enjoy spending some time writing your own things. It can be hard to stay motivated, but it feels so good when you do! Take care, and remember, writing=happiness. ;)

Madeara’s dark forces are drawing near. Isobel’s magic is stronger than ever but she hasn’t proven herself worthy of the elemental’s support yet. With Mauve injured and alliances shaky, Isobel is beginning to doubt if she will ever fulfill her destiny and prevail over the evil Madeara.
The enchanting journey continues with book two of Elven Quest: Elemental’s Favor, as we follow our young heroine Isobel and her band of irreplaceable companions. They will face new challenges, encounter new magic and learn more about each other and the elements that surround them. The group travels toward Undrean in an attempt to put an end to the evil Madeara, who plans to plunge the realm into darkness and misery.

Comments